Wednesday, July 25, 2012

RIP President Atta Mills, God bless Ghana!

John Atta Mills being sworn in as president in 2008

When I received news this evening that the president of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills had died I was saddened and stunned. I immediately turned to my colleague, who I was with at the time, and told him the news. 
“Was it an assassination?” he asked, instinctively.
Appalled, but now used to such ignorance, I simply replied: “No.”
“Will there be civil war?”
Words actually failed me but controlled anger never does. 

For all those who think of Africa as a country populated by a barbaric, sub-human species, Google “Ghana” and see what you can find. 

Ghanaians are:
  • A dignified people
  • A friendly people
  •  A God-fearing people
  •  A peaceful people and, most importantly,
  •  A united people.
RIP President John Evans Atta Mills. The whole of Ghana, and Ghanaians around the world, are in mourning at your passing.

God bless our homeland Ghana.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin